Mobile apps for anxiety trial
Researchers at Leeds Beckett University are investigating whether mobile apps can reduce anxiety. We're inviting adults who currently suffer from anxiety and are not currently receiving therapy or using mindfulness to take part.
What will it involve?
Participants will be asked to download an app to their smartphone and use it over a 4-week period. It will take about 10 minutes per day. We'll also ask you to complete some short questionnaires.
For full information, please read the participant information sheet.
Am I eligable?
To participate you must:
- Be aged 18 or over
- Be suffering from anxiety
- Have an Android or Apple-based smartphone
- Not currently be in counselling therapy for anxiety
- Not currently using any mindfulness-based phone apps on a regular basis (more than once per week over the past 3 months)
- Not currently experiencing suicidal ideation or previously experienced it
How to register
To register, we'll start by asking you about your anxiety to ensure that you are eligable.